The automobile industry is one of the largest industries in the country. Sixty-nine percent of car buying decisions are made by women yet only 26% of the workforce in this industry is women. Colors on Parade, a leader in mobile automotive paint and dent repair, plans to change that.
The Women in Automotive Scholarship was created in order to support women in becoming leaders, entrepreneurs, and business owners within the automotive industry. By training female leaders and establishing them as business owners in this industry, we hope to open many more doors for other women looking to establish themselves.
Watch as these women tell their Colors on Parade story.
Apply for the Women in Automotive Scholarship
Deadline for Applications: Sept 1, 2019
- Female involved in the Women in Automotive organization
- Community involvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated and quick learner
- Enjoys working outdoors and with their hands
- 18 years of age and older
- Complete online application and questionnaire
- Provide 500-1000 word essay explaining what becoming a business owner would mean to you
- Provide a short video introducing yourself
- A Colors on Parade franchise valued at $5,000*
- Two weeks of intensive paint and business training at the corporate office in South Carolina
- A three-month paid apprenticeship working in the field
- An opportunity to open your franchise in one of our 52 territories across the United States
*Equipment fees are not included in the scholarship, although 100% financing is available.